Moi :-) ! I'm an American AFSer spending a year of high-school in lovely Helsinki, Finland for the 2013-2014 school year-- I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!!
xxx

Monday, June 3, 2013

Day-Dreaming about Future Adventures

SO. Hi :D. And Welcome!

 I'll start by introducing myself :). My name is Annabeth, I'm 16 years young and have lived my entire life in the heartland of beautiful North Carolina. Today is my first day of true SUMMER, though summer invaded 'Caroline months ago.

This is me on my 16th birthday

I'm currently listening to "Wagon Wheel" by the Old Crow Medicine Show, and trying to get into "Southern-Mode". ( I live a double-life because my parents are both yanks - but more on that later. )

We don't know each other very well yet, but I need you to help me keep a  promise!

The first one is this cannot end up like every diary I kept as a child (in my closet buried in stuffed-animals with one page written in). This is absolutely crucial because I had such a severe case of one-page-idous that I have more than a few diaries  with something along the lines of, "Dear Diary, sorry if I never, ever write in you again but..."



Who am I kidding, I should have been a  fashion blogger! ;)
The only difference now is I have an audience. ( even if it is imaginary )
Things to know about me before we get to the distinguishing feature of my blog :

1. I'm a big fan of animals, especially dogs. No matter how old I get if you have a dog, who is cute (all dogs are) and our paths happen to cross I will request to pet it because dogs are adorable. If I don't I'm trying to hard to impress someone and you should probably do your best to embarrass me. (I'm completely kidding don't actually )

2. I'm not a very visual person, so  I apologize if most of my pictures are blurry/my fingers in them/the lightings bad/you have no idea what the relevance of the image is

3. My family members insist I was cross eyed as a baby, but I'm completely in denial because was a perfect child. :D
18-months old and destined for greatness

4. There are probably some other things but I'm getting bored of this list.

Last week was absolutely CRAZY because I had final projects and tests, and on saturday Dun DUN DUNNNNNN the SAT!
I think I did Oh-KAY, but I find out my score on the 20th and if it's it's good I'll maybe let you know.

My summer will probably include a lot of lazing by the pool, the beach, and the computer of course ;)
Congratulations on gettng to this part of the blog! The top secret reason I'm keeping a blog is because I'm gonna be an exchange student!! To Helsinki, Finland this year! :D Okay it's not so secret, but through this blog I hope to show you some of Finland, through baby-blue  All-American eyes :)




4 comments:

  1. I'm going to stalk your blog just like you're going to stalk mine.. just letting you know(: I took the SAT last Saturday too! And you actually had better fashion sense than me when you were a kid... I was a mess! I've always done the exact same thing with diaries (I have a big stack of them in a box somewhere), so we can make sure to keep each other writing - we absolutely can't forget our blogs! Soo yeah talk to you soon Finland Girl(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha Thanks Denmark-girlie . We can compare and contrast! But only if I did better ;) (kidding of course!!) I'm ubber excited for exchanging. have you found out about your host family?

      Delete
    2. I only just saw your comment (while stalking your blog, of course) and by now you know the answer to your question... but I'm replying anyways so it isn't awkward haha(: So yeah, talk to you later! :)

      Delete
    3. p.s. I can't read the little letter thingies to prove that I'm human... I had to go through like 5 of them before I could read one

      Delete