Moi :-) ! I'm an American AFSer spending a year of high-school in lovely Helsinki, Finland for the 2013-2014 school year-- I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!!
xxx

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Starbucks !

So rather than writing one- or two long posts a month, I'm going to try, no promises, to update with shorter posts, more often.

I still have a lot more to tell you about October, but while it's still fresh in my mind I wanted to go ahead and tell you, what everyone in this nation as been squealing about for months, the first Starbucks in Finland (outside of the airport ) opened in Helsinki!!
 I've never seen so many ugg-wearing, mac-book-using, "hipsters"  in such a small place before!

Now this may not be a big deal to you if you're from the U.S. or a country where Starbucks exist in great quantities, but today was a "flag day" in Helsinki and I'm convinced it's in tribute to the Grand Opening. (No one has told me otherwise)

 If you search #starbuckshelsinki (quite a long hashtag) on the Instagram there are currently 75 posts, and  nearly everyone I saw after receiving their beverage snapped a photo of it -  to the displeasure of those trying to squeeze around them.

Two of my friends and I ventured there during our lunch break (11am ) and the line wasn't so bad (only because the entire staff was on duty) but when I walked by Esplanadin Puisto going home after school the line appeared infinite!

So Good Morning, Evening, Night, Where-ever-you-are and What-ever-time-it-is, Wake up! and smell the coffee.






No comments:

Post a Comment